at daycare, k’s class had a visitor: a pilot! so for this week’s waffle art, i made airplanes. not my finest work but k recognized it!
- gluten free vegan waffle
- plain yogurt
- toast 2 waffles. using a scissor, cut the body and tail of an airplane using two waffles.
- with scraps cut two wings. place one above the body for the top wing and one on top for the lower wing.
- add some yogurt for clouds.
- chop up some bananas for windows and make a larger banana quarter for the pilot window.
- cut a flat piece of banana as a circle for the sun. slice pineapple into some thin slices to make sun rays.
- voilà – a sunny day for a plane ride!
floating in the clouds
- scoop yogurt on the bottom of the plate as a long cloud.
- toast 2 waffles. cut the body with one waffle and using second waffle cut the tail, and wings. attach to the body of the plane.
- repeat step 5 for the sun.