a girlfriend and fellow mom of a toddler starting solids mentioned they introduced her to lentil so i was excited to have C try it too! i tried SHILOH brad lentil and picked brown lentils because it has the more iron than the other colors (red or green).
preparation is relatively easy – wash and boil for 30 minutes until soft. sometimes it took a little longer to cook because they weren’t soft enough but it required little attention. i always make an adult serving and save the remainder a storage container.
i started k on lentil, sometimes with savory fruits and vegetables and other times with sweet. either way k took to it pretty well! i’m glad k has a healthy tastebud!
- ¼ cup lentil
- 1 cup water
- wash lentils per package directions, using a strainer if necessary.
- boil water in the small saucepan.
- add washed lentils to boiled water and bring back to boil.
- when the liquid has boiled, lower the flame.
- cover the pot and continue to simmer until beans have softened.
1. resource – The World’s Healthiest Foods: Lentils