zucchini is part of the squash family so water used to steam can be reused for diluting other foods. it doesn’t take long to steam since it softens quickly.
zucchini doesn’t have a strong flavor so i like to pair it with other fruits and vegetables that have a stronger or sweeter flavor – i.e. make a fruit less sweet or make another vegetable less bitter.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 inch of water (1 to 2 cups)
- put water on the bottom pot of the steamer and boil.
- cut zucchini length-wide twice to cut out the seeds.
- chop zucchini 1/4 inch cubes and put into steamer. steam until soft.
- save steamed zucchini in a food storage container.
- save liquid in the bottom pot in the liquid storage container.